Friday, January 16, 2009

I have been reflecting today on the amazing friends and family that I have been blessed with. I have 2 amazing parents that encourage and support me in everything I do, even when they are scared for me. I am blessed by brothers that love me in very special ways and even though they might not understand where I am going, they still support me along the way. I have AMAZING girlfriends that have stood by me and supported me in my dreams well past the limits that anyone should. To add to the blessings that God has given me, I now have a new roommate to live with when I move down to Kansas City.
I met Maria at Tango class a year ago and it was one of those friendships where we just clicked. We became fast friends and I have watched as God has slowly opened up her heart to His plans, His purpose, and His courage. When I was thinking about moving down to KCK, I knew that Maria was the only person I could imagine myself living with partially because of her being able to tolerate how nutty I can be and partially because she's the only other person I would trust with the girls.
These five girls from the pre-teen Bible study have become like little sisters to me. I fight for them in prayer, talk to them almost daily, and worry about them probably more than is healthy :) I knew that if the girls ever needed something and I wasn't there, Maria would be the one person I could trust to love them and guide them.
Maria will be coming on this trimester of Kids Adelante as a new volunteer. I am so excited to see what God does in this incredible woman and I am BLESSED to be able to walk with her over the next season of our lives. I am overjoyed to share our home together and that I get to live with someone that will understand my absolutely unconditional love for the children of Mission Adelante!!!

No comments: