Saturday, April 4, 2009

It' s officially April! It's funny to me that it was 70 degrees today and it's supposed to snow tomorrow...ONLY in KC! It's been a whirlwind as Molly and I have been preparing for our silent auction. My new roommate (Maria) and I have also been hard at work looking for houses. Today, after installing light fixtures at Mission Adelante (I know, ME installing light fixtures), Maria and I looked at 4 different properties. It was a hard choice and we got down to 2 properties that we loved. One house was perfect for us in that it had a 2 car garage, a covered front porch, a security system, and it was in a beautiful historic part of KCK (Westheights) The other property was in a more quaint area (Strawberry Hill), had brightly colored walls, but it didn't have all the little extras that we had found in Westheights. After thinking about it for a little bit though, we realized that the second home was a HOME. It felt like a home because it wasn't perfect, it wasn't flashy, it had its own character, just like us. We want our community to feel at home when they are in ours and more importantly, we want our kids at Kids Adelante to feel comfortable in their second home :) Once it's official, I will post pictures. It feels good to know that I know where home will be. It's starting to feel like all of the craziness is coming together. Watch out KCK, here I come!!!!!

No comments: