Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My first real week!

So I finished my first real week at Mission Adelante :) It has been a bit crazy as we had a VBS camp last week and another this week. I love it when we have VBS camps because they go out into the community and are able to invite a lot of kids to attend our events. They generate a lot of excitement and we always see the fruits of their labors by the end of the summer.

It has been really neat to me to see a family that moved, reconnect with Mission Adelante. The oldest daughter has always been very resistive to Mission Adelante but I see a desire in her to know God. I also see a little girl that has been let down one too many times and just doesn't have the energy to believe in people anymore. After every Kids Adelante event that she has attended, she always tells me she's not coming back. I always look at her and tell her I will pray that I see her soon.

Last night, as the VBS camp was leading a praise and worship song, I looked over and saw her with her hands raised, praising God. My eyes welled up with tears because of how MUCH I see God pursuing her and her family. God can always turn even the hardest heart soft with His loving and patient hands!! Praise God for what He is doing at Mission Adelante!

No comments: