Sunday, January 10, 2010

Words of encouragment

After much snow and ice, the sun has finally reappeared! Even though it was a few weeks ago, I wanted to share a story with you about how God has blessed me through the heart's of the kids on the Great Wolf Trip.
As the girls of LIT (Leaders in Training) are growing in their devotion to God, I have been really convicted about encouraging them to see both the internal and external beauty in each other. Often times, young girls can be ultra critical of each other and I prayed a great deal about a way to bridge that gap between them. As I prayed, my heart was stirred as God asked me to give the girls in my room the opportunity to share examples of God's inner and outer beauty that they see in each other. The idea was to have the four girls participate but when it got around to me, they insisted that they continue the encouragement.
One of the girls shared something about how she sees me that even now brings tears to my eyes. She told me that if God was on one side of a brick wall and I was on the other, that I would do whatever it took to get to God. I share that with you, although it was an intensely personal moment, because it marked me. Often times I wonder if I am doing everything I can to be the best example of God's love to these kids. In our lives, we are often so critical of ourselves that we don't see the amazing miracle of God's love in each of us. He restores us and He perfects because He is good!! I hope that we all take those opportunities to encourage each other when we can because that one comment from this young woman will be something I carry with me always.

In Him,
Publish Post

Megan

Prayer Requests:
  • Please pray as we are launching LIT, Kids Adelante, and the "New" Teens Adelante Bible Study over the next few weeks. I pray that God's wisdom, love, and flexibility would guide me through this exciting and busy time!

No comments: