Thursday, March 3, 2011

Love without Limits: March: Gricelda's heart for the teens

By: Gricelda Garcia: Teens Adelante and Kids Adelante volunteer

Living Life with Teens

I recently had the opportunity to join some of the teens for Winter Jam, a Christian music concert. I was truly excited to join them and prayed that the Lord would use the music and speakers to speak to their hearts. That night while I was driving home from the concert it was ME that felt God speaking. It wasn’t through anything I heard in the music or the speakers earlier that night, but rather through the simple questions of one of the teen girls. She had asked me if I had given an extra love offering and if I was going to sponsor a child through Holt International during the concert. Sadly, in that moment I responded quickly and didn’t think much about why she would ask me in the first place. On that drive home God brought those questions back to my mind and it hit me…she was looking at my example, of how I did or didn’t give sacrificially. My actions that night had the power to speak louder than the music.

That experience is one of the reasons I feel so humbled that God desires to use me to be part of His work in their lives, with my flaws and all. It’s amazing how simple that truly is. I don’t have to force conversations about God or “preach” at them… I can simply share my life with them and let God speak through my walk with Him.


1 comment:

David and Brooke Coon said...

I love how God uses the kids to speak to us leaders too! Beautiful story Gricelda.